Sunday, April 21, 2013

Virtual Yard Sale: Antique Jeweler's Desk


On our recent trip to Renninger's in Mount Dora, I was  excited to stumble upon a great antique jeweler's desk!  Pottery Barn had introduced a reproduction (the Portland Desk) this year that I loved, but how cool is the real thing?
Unfortunately, after experimenting with it in several different rooms, I have decided I just don't have a place for it.  (Hunky Handy Man is getting tired of moving it!)  As much as I love it, I have decided it just won't work in my home and am giving my readers first chance at this treasure.
Need a work station in a small space?  This desk offers a generous work space plus 15 drawers to store all your supplies.  (Hmm, didn't try my studio - great storage for all of my crafting supplies.)
All original hardware.  A fabric lined apron slides out from below the drawers, it was used by jewelers and watchmakers to catch small pieces and hold tools they were using.

Entertaining? It would make a great bar.

Looking for a vanity The original attached lamp can be raised or lowered to provide great lighting while the drawers could store make up or jewelry.

If my guest room where only a little bigger it could serve as all three for my visitors - desk, vanity, mini bar!  Great paired with an industrial chair, but if space is limited, a stool could be stored underneath.

Manufactured by the J.H. Rosberg Manufacturing  Co..
Dimensions:  40.25 x 19.75 x 38.75
$550

Sold!

Any questions, leave a comment or email me at Twosinks@gmail.com


                                                           Shared at:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment